1 Orange Per Day and See the Magic
In the 18th century, a lack of nutrients, called scurvy, was discovered which was very common among sailors. Well, can you guess which vitamin deficiency it is? Yes, vitamin C. To prevent this disease, the sailors began to give limes, nicknamed LIME. But that’s the story of another day…
How come the orange prevents us from getting this disease? What benefits us? Oranges are not only rich in vitamin C, but also contain plenty of fiber, folate, potassium, thiamine, and antioxidants. Its main structure is carbohydrate and water, and they contain very little protein, fat, and calories.
Come on, let’s say you’re eating 1-2 oranges every day. As time goes by, you will see many things change in your body.
– A large orange is only 87 calories. I mean, it’s a low-calorie, nutritious food. Eating an orange allows you to consume approximately 4 grams of nutritional fiber, which is known to be good for gut health.
– The water in the orange is abundant, keeps your skin moist and gives it a sparkle. But the most important component in it: vitamin C helps your body produce more collagen.
These flavanones have been shown to strengthen memory by activating the nerve pathways in the hippocampus, the part of the brain responsible for learning and memories. So, it can be very wise to eat oranges while learning something new!
– Also, oranges contain plenty of antioxidants and protect your hair against oxidative stress.
– Scientists at the Westmead Medical Research Institute in Sydney found that eating 1 orange each day reduces eye distortion by up to 60%.
– Collagen also plays a big role here. They help maintain the structure of your eyes.
– Oranges are rich in potassium. Thanks to these properties, they keep our nervous system function and reduce high blood pressure.
– Oranges are also rich in folate, a vitamin b that helps your body reduce the levels of the amino acid called homocysteine.
– If you don’t have enough vitamin C in your diet, your wounds don’t heal fast enough, our bones weaken and even our joints begin to swell and ache.
– You can prevent them from damaging your cells by defusing free radicals by eating oranges every day.
– Orange peel has a much higher fiber content than its inside fruit. It is rich in calcium, vitamin C, various B vitamins and vitamin A. But there is a problem with it, it is not easy to digest the orange peel.